Follow us on Facebook
The Committee has decided to start planning a return to normal activities, in line with government recommendations.
Until a return to normal activities is achieved, the following rules will apply:
For the moment, we are holding monthly steam-ups, and occasional boiler test days. These are detailed on the Meetings page
Please check the Boiler Testing page for important information including the latest update regarding testing within our society.
Worthy Moor running days
- The club room must NOT be used at all for except for obtaining keys and cleaning materials.
- Members must bring their own refreshments, lunch, and drinks. The club hut must not be used.
- TDMES will supply hand sanitiser which will be available in the Cathedral and Ladies Looe.
- Bring your own PPE for strimming/lawn mowing/maintenance.
- The Ladies Looe is available with hot water for hand wash. Please use the provided wipes to clean surfaces and the door handle, and finally hand sanitiser when leaving.
- Face masks are required when working close to others, for example in the steaming bays.
- Spray disinfectant or bleach to sterilise surfaces and machinery is provided and must be applied to equipment before use.
- Attendance at Worthy Moor is restricted to members and their family Bubble only. NO GUESTS.
- Committee members are tasked with "policing" the guidelines and will act as necessary (Including asking offenders to leave!)
- A Track Marshal shall be appointed for each running day. Please respect his instructions.
- Members wishing to run engines must book with the Hon. Secretary and pick an AM, PM, or EVENING run time to let more people have a go.
- The Track Marshall will take a record of all attendees. The Track Marshall must be satisfied that a valid and current boiler certificate is in force for each steam locomotive, and ensure that the running book is filled in.
- Only one locomotive can be prepared on each steaming bay. Please use the far end of the steaming bay so that distance can be maintained.
- Steam locomotive operators must access water and coal themselves, and wear gloves.
- Locomotives (steam or electric) can only join the track when authorised to do so by the Track Marshall and must leave the track when requested.
- A maximum of four locomotives can operate on the track at any one time.
- The club's riding cars may be used, but they MUST be wiped clean before and after use.
- No passengers are allowed EXCEPT for members of the drivers' family bubble.
- Only one person (and their bubble members) is permitted to drive a locomotive. This includes non-steam locomotives
There is enough space on site to maintain Social Distancing of spectators. If it is deemed that it is becoming overcrowded, we will ask those who have been on site longest to leave. Bench seats and chairs must be sanitised after use. AM/PM runners are requested to do some maintenance in the other time slot.
Visits to Worthy Moor at other times
- Any visits to Worthy Moor outside the normal steaming days MUST be booked in advance with the Hon. Secretary.
- Members must provide notice in writing/email to the Hon. Secretary of the date and time and other attendees. The loco and boiler certificate details must also be given.
August's Picture of the Month
Here is the picture of Tim's hypocycloidal engine, described it the last edition of "Tivvy Bumper"
Click here to see previous Pictures of the Month